A few months ago, Travis and I took our two little boys, Chance and Cruz, down the the passport office to get their passports made. We didn’t have any trip in mind when we had them issued, but Travis and I travel so much out of the country that as the boys get older, we would love to start taking them on some adventures with us.
Well, they received some special packages in the mail a few weeks ago with their brand new, shiny passports and they are OBSESSED! No joke, Cruz took his to show and tell on the last week of school- he was so proud! They came together and made a list of all the places they want to go this summer, and I kid you not, this list had about 8 different destinations on it with the likes of France, Dubai, Australia, Japan, and a few others! Oh boy!
While we are not doing that,Travis and I decided to take them on a little weekend Mexican getaway so they can utilize these passports that are apparently burning holes in their pockets!
And you know me, ever beach trip is an excuse to find some cute new summer essentials, and I am already off to a great start! I originally bought this JOA top for our trip, but it looked so lonely in the bag, I had to break it out for a trip around town before hand. Oops!
Here are some of the other great and affordable finds I am taking along with me!
- Elta MD Sunscreen– Always first in my bag! I can’t leave home without my sunscreen!
- Tom Ford Penelope Sunglasses– On the topic on protection from the sun, who can go to the beach without a great pair of sunglasses? I have been loving these Tom Ford Penelope’s lately! Super light weight and the perfect size for my face.
- Topman Wide Brim Hat– Last but not least on the topic of sun protection, a hat! This hat is from Topshop’s mens line, but I love the color and size… I’m taking it!
- Madewell Cold Shoulder Dress– You can’t go to the beach without an airy white dress. This Madewell option that I picked up had super cute eyelet detailing that I am obsessing over! This will definitely make an appearance at a dinner by the beach! Im feeling seafood!
- Maaji Bikini Top– We are taking two boys to the beach that will inevitably want to burry me in the sand at some point, so a dark colored swimsuit top will do me well.
- Splendid Heel Sandals– I thought these were adorable at full price, but with an extra 30% off they’re AMAZING! I love the color, the tassel zipper pull detail and the statement wooden heel. Definite dinner shoe!
- Steve Madden Embellished Slide Sandals– These will be more of my everyday shoe while we are there. I saw the pearls and was sold. Check them out and you’ll know what I mean!
- Bag Canvas Tote– You can never have too many bags to put all of the kids toys and beach treasures in. I love the bright blue stripes, ensuing that I can keep a watch on my bag from the ocean, and the durable canvas exterior. And for $30, I won’t be too upset if this bag takes a beating from the beach.
- Elan Off The Shoulder Cover Up– This cover up is not only super cute, but it is sooooo comfortable! I could live in this, no joke! Comfy and fun is the name of my game!
- Stylekeepers Off The Shoulder Dress– This dress gives me all sorts of Dolce and Gahanna vibes, without the Dolce and Gahanna price tag. For a little over $100, I think this will be the perfect ‘Out on the Town’ dress, that I will absolutely be wearing around Dallas as well.
- Shashi Earrings– I stumbled upon these as I was checking out from Shopbop with the Stylekeepers dress and thought they would be the perfect compliment! Can you tell I am loving blues lately?
Hope you found a few summer pieces that you can add to your wardrobe this season!
Wishing you all the most amazing day!